Re: [wpmac] Re: Change Unix folder location in WPMacAppliance

  • Dave Green
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2011
      Is this supposed to be in the Background Actions Script in the Startup Items folder, or is there another script somewhere? There is no "On setupPaths()" in the Background Actions Script.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 16, 2011
        The WPMac App application is an Applescript bundle. Right-click; choose Show Package Contents. Go: Contents->Resources->Scripts.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 16, 2011
          Ahh, there it is. Thanks.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 18, 2011
            I've now posted a new version of the WPMacApp Appliance that lets you select any folder as the "Unix" folder in SheepShaver, in case you don't want to use the default, which is to use your Documents folder.

            To use this option, temporarily add the word "Setup" to the name of the WPMacApp application - so that the name is "WPMacApp Setup" or "Setup this thing please" or anything else that includes "Setup." It will prompt you to select a folder to use as the Unix folder in SheepShaver. After SheepShaver starts up, and you have confirmed that the new folder has been selected, then you can change the name of the application back to "WPMacApp" or whatever else you want to call it. The important thing is to remove "Setup" from its name so that it won't keep prompting you to select a Unix folder each time it starts.

            If you want to choose a different Unix folder at another time, then just add the string "Setup" to the name again.

            This is the first time I've sent this revised version out in public, so it may have problems that I'm not aware of. But it seems to work as intended.