Re: [wpmac] Re: Font Sampler, and Prefab apps

  • Rick Albright
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2011
      I copied the Font Sampler folder into my Documents directory. It didn't work from there, so I moved the file into the Sheepshaver folder the OSX>SS folder. It didn't work from there. I thought that put them in the SS disk, but apparently not.

      When Sheepshaver was running, I opened the Unix directory and copied them to the Sheepshaver disk icon. When I run it now, I get an error from the script that says that the app Fontsampler doesn't understand the event PFPIDuMe Message.

      Obviously I'm doing something incredibly stupid, but I can't figure it out. Thanks.
      Rick

      On Oct 18, 2011, at 12:07 AM, John R wrote:

      > If you got Font Sampler from the Files section here, toss it since the actual version 1.0 has just now been posted.
      >
      > Are you running these apps within SheepShaver, that is, moving them in OSX to your Documents folder (or whatever folder you designated as the Unix disk), then copying them from Unix to the SS disk, and running them at that point?
      >
      > John R.
      >
      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Rick Albright <logres@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I must be missing something. When I try to run these apps, I get a message saying that the Classic environment is no longer supported. I have SheepShaver installed on my system. Is there something special I have to do?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Rick
      > > Rick Albright
      > > logres@...
      > >
      > > Writing the Past, Writing the Future: Time and Narrative in Gothic and Sensation Fiction
      > > http://www.powells.com/biblio/72-9780980149647-0

      Rick Albright
      logres@...

      http://www.powells.com/biblio/72-9780980149647-0
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 14, 2011
        Read the WP file that is part of the folder. It explains what you need to do - install the macro into WP and install the Prefab Browser in SheepShaver. Details are ALL in the WP document in the folder.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 15, 2011
          I read the WP file and John's instructions a couple of times. It's not clear to me, but thanks, I'll try again. Just as a suggestion, it might help if all the components were in one place, as the Sheepshaver/WP package is. Having to search for multiple components (e.g., Prefab Browser) in different places and install them individually, moving them around from OSX to Unix to Sheepshaver, etc., makes the process more complicated.

          Rick