[ANN:] Automator Service copies text of WP file to clipboard

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2011
      After some earlier exchanges, I wondered if it might be possible to create something useful that hasn't been done before. So I threw together an Automator service that copies the text of a WP file to the clipboard, so you can paste it into another application.

      It uses wpd2html to extract the text, which means that the footnotes, headers, etc., are going to be clustered together at the end of the file, but the basic formatting will be preserved when pasted into another application. Tables will be preserved when pasted into Word or Pages or LibreOffice.

      So, if you have Gero Herrmann's QuickLook filter installed, you can glance at the content of a file, and then, if you want to copy the content to the clipboard, ctrl-click, and choose Services-->WP Text to Clipboard.

      Download link here:

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WP%20Text%20to%20Clipboard.zip

      To install, copy the file to the Library/Services folder in your home folder. (Under Lion, hold down Option while clicking Go in the Finder menu to access the Library folder easily.) Tested only under Lion, but may work under Snow Leopard also.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 12, 2011
        Revised and faster version just posted. Same download link as before: