Re: [wpmac] PPC Apps in Lion?

  • Chad Smith
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 7, 2011
      Actually, SheepShaver is still usable under Lion, thankfully. Which I
      assume means it must be a Universal Binary, running under PPC and Intel
      chips.

      I was bummed about PvZ as well, since I bought it a long time ago, and not
      only had to buy it again, but now lost all my progress and have to start
      over.

      *- Chad W. Smith*

      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 7, 2011
        As you say, John's SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install setup and my WPMacApp Installer setup (both available here in the Links/SheepShaver and Basilisk folder) work perfectly well under Lion, and both are based on SheepShaver.

        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 7, 2011
          SheepShaver is a universal binary, which means it will run under Lion. See message #6948.

          Thus WordPerfect should run as well under Lion and current hardware as it did under system 6.02 and a Mac II.

          Just ten times faster.

          That said, I'd be happy to see reports from users of SS and Lion.

          > As you say, John's SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install setup and my WPMacApp Installer setup (both available here in the Links/SheepShaver and Basilisk folder) work perfectly well under Lion, and both are based on SheepShaver.
          >
          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Chad Smith <chad78@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Actually, SheepShaver is still usable under Lion, thankfully. Which I
          > > assume means it must be a Universal Binary, running under PPC and Intel
          > > chips.

        • Chad Smith
          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 7, 2011
            I use SS under Lion. Works fine, other than I can't get it to go full
            screen. Which apparently is a known issue.

            *- Chad W. Smith*

            Message 5 of 29 , Nov 7, 2011
              With my WPMacApp Appliance setup, you can hold down the Command key while launching the application, and it opens in a quasi-full screen mode (no visible dock, OS X menubar hidden until you move the mouse to the top of the screen, only a Sheepshaver title bar at the top). If you ever want to restore windowed mode, you can do that by holding down Option when launching the application.