We owe much to Steve Jobs

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2011
      What would personal computers (not just Apple) be like without his contributions? Would there even be a GUI? Xerox invented it, but it took others, including Jobs, to realize its potential.

      It's of course true that someone else would have invented the telegraph, the light bulb and the telephone, had Morse, Edison and Bell not done so. The difference, though, between these and the iPhone is that the latter is such a good realization of the tool. Quality of interface is not something a committee can do. Vision and intuitiveness are words often used to describe Jobs. Today's world would be a different place without the effects of those qualities.

      R.I.P. Steve.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/business/steve-jobs-of apple-dies-at-56.html?hp

      John R.
    • Kevin Jaques, B.A., J.D.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2011
        I revere Steve Jobs along with a handful of other heroes. That's
        pretty good for a seller of consumer gadgets. But he was an artist who
        shipped.
        --
        Kevin Jaques, B.A., LL.B., Jaques Law Office
        2912 Rae Street, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, S4S 1R5