Open Office?

  • jasonhavens
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2011
      I searched the archives, but don't see a recent discussion of Open Office. It seems to handle WP files well, including some of our older ones that probably contained some unique style definitions. I'm curious if others have experimented lately with OO and/or have comments related to its use, particularly with WP files. I've liked it for a few years, although I still need to use Word for Mac often because some of the legal vendors rely exclusively on it (on the Windows side).

      Kind regards,

      Jason Havens
      Destin, FL
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2011
        LibreOffice (www.libreoffice.org) is a newer version of OpenOffice.org with much-improved ability to open and convert WP files.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "jasonhavens" <jasonhavens@...> wrote:

        > I searched the archives, but don't see a recent discussion of Open Office. It seems to handle WP files well, including some of our older ones that probably contained some unique style definitions. I'm curious if others have experimented lately with OO and/or have comments related to its use, particularly with WP files. I've liked it for a few years, although I still need to use Word for Mac often because some of the legal vendors rely exclusively on it (on the Windows side).
        >
        > Kind regards,
        >
        > Jason Havens
        > Destin, FL

      • Rick Albright
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2011
          Hmmm. I thought we discussed Open Office a number of times. I guess my sense of what is a "recent discussion" isn't so recent. A lot of that going around for me these days. Things that seem recent to me happened years or even decades ago.

          On Sep 7, 2011, at 10:01 AM, jasonhavens wrote:

          > I searched the archives, but don't see a recent discussion of Open Office. It seems to handle WP files well, including some of our older ones that probably contained some unique style definitions. I'm curious if others have experimented lately with OO and/or have comments related to its use, particularly with WP files. I've liked it for a few years, although I still need to use Word for Mac often because some of the legal vendors rely exclusively on it (on the Windows side).
          >
          > Kind regards,
          >
          > Jason Havens
          > Destin, FL

          Rick Albright