Password protection (was: OLD WP files -unable to open/convertÂ…)

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
      No such animal that I know of.

      > If you don't know the password, you will need to search for password cracking programs for WPMac files.
    • mr.longpants
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
        miracle of miracles - i remembered the password for the files - now - how do i remove the password from the documents once they are open in Sheep Saver?
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
          You're right: but there's a brute-force method, described in this very forum:

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
            Also, I've now posted a version of the WPLO Converter that converts password-protected WPMac and WPDOS (through version 5.1) files, if - and only if - you already know the password.

            Download link:

            http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPLOConverter.zip

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 3, 2011
              "Save As..." Don't check "Password protect" or whatever it's called.

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 3, 2011
                i'm all set - thank you SO MUCH for your help. what a wonderful piece of software!

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 3, 2011
                  Thanks for pointing that out. I remember it now, but had forgotten all about it.