Re: OLD WP files -unable to open/convert due to password protection- HELP!

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
      Also try the new version of the WPDtoODTConverter, just posted, as described in this message:

      It converts password-protected WPMac 2.1 files if - and only if - you know the correct password.

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
        No such animal that I know of.

        > If you don't know the password, you will need to search for password cracking programs for WPMac files.
      • mr.longpants
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
          miracle of miracles - i remembered the password for the files - now - how do i remove the password from the documents once they are open in Sheep Saver?
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
            You're right: but there's a brute-force method, described in this very forum:

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
              Also, I've now posted a version of the WPLO Converter that converts password-protected WPMac and WPDOS (through version 5.1) files, if - and only if - you already know the password.

              Download link:

              http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPLOConverter.zip

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 3, 2011
                "Save As..." Don't check "Password protect" or whatever it's called.

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 3, 2011
                  i'm all set - thank you SO MUCH for your help. what a wonderful piece of software!

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 3, 2011
                    Thanks for pointing that out. I remember it now, but had forgotten all about it.