Re: [ANN] SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.3.1

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 6 5:31 PM
      Ed, your WPLO Converter is a gift from the heavens, and your PPC Installer not far behind, so we'll forgive you this time . . . :-)

      > And now I understand that I was looking in the FILES section instead of the LINKS section - where the link is exactly where John said it was. Apologies to all for wasting bandwidth and for not reading the instructions...

      > > Strange! This is what I see:
      > >
      > > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/YahooFiles.jpg
      > >
      > > Is the file marked as publicly accessible or something like that (I don't know what the options might be).
      > >

      > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John R" <johnrethorst@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Visible from here. Fifth link from the bottom in the folder. Can anyone else not see it?
      > > >
      > > > John R.

    • Allan Potts
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 9 1:35 PM
        --- On Fri, 8/5/11, John R <johnrethorst@...> wrote:

        -----------------------

        > > Free in the Links section here, in the SheepShaver and Basilisk folder, as
        > > SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.3.1.

        > The link doesn't seem to be visible. Am I missing something obvious?

        Visible from here. Fifth link from the bottom in the folder. Can anyone else not see it?

        -----------------------

        John: Thanks for your time. I have an HP now and don't have a Mac. I live in the S.F. Bay Area near Fremont, CA. I'm looking to pay someone to open this diskette in my presence and print out the three of four programs that I want. It's probably less than 50 pages, I'm guessing.
        A.G. Potts.
      • Allan Potts
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 9 6:36 PM
          John: Thank you. You have been most patient and kind. I may have been given false info. It seems that the net claims that the 1986 Mac Plus' used "microsoft word" (1- the Original). So, I suppose that my search is for that program. I'm willing to pay anyone in the S.F. Bay Area who could print out three of four docs for me in my presence as I don't need all of the docs on the diskette (under 50 words).
          Thanks once again, A.G. Potts.
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 9 10:04 PM
            If you had a Macintosh Plus in 1986, you could have used any of a half-dozen different word processors. If you don't remember which program you used, then you might consider taking the disk to a local university's computer lab, and hiring a student to help you.

            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Allan Potts <sharpsticks@...> wrote:

            > John: Thank you. You have been most patient and kind. I may have been given false info. It seems that the net claims that the 1986 Mac Plus' used "microsoft word" (1- the Original). So, I suppose that my search is for that program. I'm willing to pay anyone in the S.F. Bay Area who could print out three of four docs for me in my presence as I don't need all of the docs on the diskette (under 50 words).
            > Thanks once again, A.G. Potts.

          • Mikeca
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 9 10:46 PM
              ...watching this thread... seems even to get started there are some unknowns:

              1. file type (affix)
              2. size
              3. media it's on (a floppy?)
              4. media type you need it converted to and file type

              So what is the affix of the file?

              The first Word Processing program I remember for the MacPlus was Works™... which was a re-write of AppleWorksGS (the first actual multi purpose program which had a Word Processor, Database. Spread Sheet, Art and Communications all semi-integrated)... until Jobs killed the AppleIIGS.

              Works™ for Mac was similar.

              Since I do forensic work... I have a number of translators.. I'm sure others do too (like MacLinkPlus Deluxe which is no longer sold).

              But perhaps if you listed the file type and the size, etc., one of us could translate it into something you can use.

              Mikeca  (in the SF Bay Area)

            • Mikeca
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 9 10:48 PM
                So it's a diskette?

                MacPlus's came with built in 3.5 floppy drives. But there were 5.25 floppy drives available.

                mikeca