Lion

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
      Not entirely on-topic but of interest to many members. This New York Times article explains the many security updates in the Lion OS (10.7), and then notes:

      Add to this the thoughts of Don Williams, who writes Overture, a great music notation program, in the forum at http://geniesoft.com/forum/:

      > From what I have read, DO NOT UPGRADE TO LION. Even Logic Express 9.1.4 the latest version does not work. Shame on Apple. I'm lucky Overture and Score writer work.

      FWIW, and a WTTW (word to the wise-- is that a legit web abbreviation?)

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2011

        > > From what I have read, DO NOT UPGRADE TO LION. Even Logic Express 9.1.4 the latest version does not work. Shame on Apple. I'm lucky Overture and Score writer work.

        I think he's misreading posts about older versions of Logic Express:

        http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2567