CPU Usage in SheepShaver

  • Richardson George
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2011
      Hi. I just got a brand spanking new MacBook Pro i7. It's quite zippy. However, the battery was running down in two hours. In resolving the problem with an Apple Genius, I noted, in addition to the core problem with 10.6.8 and Parallels apps in the Mac dock, that SheepShaver is drawing a huge amount of CP"U %. Right now it's at 40% of the quad core CPU activity, and I observe that it seems to average around 35%.

      This is obviously a very big drag on the battery. Is there anything that anyone knows to do to reduce the CPU demand?

      Over to you,
      GeoR.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2011
        You might try asking in the SheepShaver forum at www.emaculation.com. That's where the SheepShaver experts discuss the program.