Re: [wpmac] beginner question

  • aize de jong
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2011
      Dear WP12-er,
      I have had the same problem with my hundreds of WP8,9,10,11,12 pages. I have
      kept a Windows system alive only for editing purposes. Printing is done
      without any problem through the translating WP files to PDF files. I have
      tried to translate my WP files to many other wordprocessors like MSWord,
      OpenOffice, etc., but none of them was a real success. The best results I've
      got so far is translating WP files into Latex. There is a really smart Czech
      guy (Jaroslav Fojtik) who wrote a program called "WP2LaTeX". With LaTeX you
      produce ASCII files, that can be read by any system, Windows, Unix, Linux,
      BSD, etc. For reading and printing purposes LaTeX files can easely be
      translated into PDF files. LaTeX is a markup language like WP (see the
      underwater screen) and writing a LaTeX file is done with an ordenary text
      editor. Learning the LaTeX commands does take some time, but there are some
      alternatives like TeXmacs and LYX, that do not need any LaTeX knowledge.
      If you have documents with a lot of pictures and formulas, then this is in
      my opinion the best way to proceed.
      The best of luck,
      Aize