[ANN] SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.3

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2011
      Compatible with Lion!

      SheepShaver itself is a universal binary, as are Ed's WPLO Converter, Gero's Spotlight and QuickLook plug-ins, and Smokey's Open WP Files.

      My install script and Set Files to WP applet were not universal; they are now.

      Installation of QuickLook is now automatic, as is the right version of Symbolic Linker, according to OS version. As Tom discovered, Symbolic Linker will let SS/WP open a file anywhere on any disk. This is something everyone can use, so it's now part of the install.

      Several smaller fixes too, including a bug introduced in 1.2.7 that did not install the latest version of the Spotlight plug-in. Thus, this update is recommended for all users.

      If you have a customized SheepShaver volume you wish to keep, move it before this install. Then replace the SS volume installed with your custom volume.

      Free in the SheepShaver and Basilisk folder of the Links section here, as "SheepShaver-WordPerfect 1.3.dmg".

      Thanks to David for the compatibility suggestion.

      John R.
    • David Derbes
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2011
        On Jul 5, 2011, at 12:44 AM, John R wrote:

        > Compatible with Lion!
        >
        > SheepShaver itself is a universal binary, as are Ed's WPLO Converter, Gero's Spotlight and QuickLook plug-ins, and Smokey's Open WP Files.
        >
        > My install script and Set Files to WP applet were not universal; they are now.
        >
        > Installation of QuickLook is now automatic, as is the right version of Symbolic Linker, according to OS version. As Tom discovered, Symbolic Linker will let SS/WP open a file anywhere on any disk. This is something everyone can use, so it's now part of the install.
        >
        > Several smaller fixes too, including a bug introduced in 1.2.7 that did not install the latest version of the Spotlight plug-in. Thus, this update is recommended for all users.
        >
        > If you have a customized SheepShaver volume you wish to keep, move it before this install. Then replace the SS volume installed with your custom volume.
        >
        > Free in the SheepShaver and Basilisk folder of the Links section here, as "SheepShaver-WordPerfect 1.3.dmg".
        >
        > Thanks to David for the compatibility suggestion.

        Thanks to John R. for making it happen!

        David Derbes