Re: [wpmac] [ANN] SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.2.7

  • David Derbes
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
      Hi, John and others.

      The imminent OS X version 10.7, "Lion", apparently does away with Rosetta. I assume this won't affect SheepShaver, but I don't know.
      Any possible impact on us WP users?

      Thanks.

      David Derbes
      U of Chicago Lab Schools

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
        What a good idea.

        SheepShaver itself is a universal binary, as are Ed's WPLO Converter and Gero's Spotlight and QuickLook plug-ins.

        My install script and Set Files to WP applet were not universal binaries. I'll fix those. I should also add auto install of Symbolic Linker, and the Quicklook plug-in (for 10.5 and later). Pending the update, I've taken down SS-WP Install 1.2.7.

        So SheepShaver and WordPerfect should be completely compatible with Lion with the next release of SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install, v. 1.3, which I'll post today or tomorrow.

        John R.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, David Derbes <loki@...> wrote:

        > Hi, John and others.
        >
        > The imminent OS X version 10.7, "Lion", apparently does away with Rosetta. I assume this won't affect SheepShaver, but I don't know.
        > Any possible impact on us WP users?
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > David Derbes
        > U of Chicago Lab Schools
      • David Derbes
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
          John:

          Many thanks! (For this and everything else!)

          David Derbes
          U of Chicago Laboratory Schools