[ANN] SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.2.7

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
      Upgrade for the Tiger-and-later installer includes Gero's terrific Spotlight and Quicklook importers, and a direct link to Ed's wonderful WPLO Converter, for MS Word and other conversions. Free, in the SheepShaver and Basilisk folder in the Links section here.

      John R.
    • David Derbes
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hi, John and others.

        The imminent OS X version 10.7, "Lion", apparently does away with Rosetta. I assume this won't affect SheepShaver, but I don't know.
        Any possible impact on us WP users?

        Thanks.

        David Derbes
        U of Chicago Lab Schools

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
          What a good idea.

          SheepShaver itself is a universal binary, as are Ed's WPLO Converter and Gero's Spotlight and QuickLook plug-ins.

          My install script and Set Files to WP applet were not universal binaries. I'll fix those. I should also add auto install of Symbolic Linker, and the Quicklook plug-in (for 10.5 and later). Pending the update, I've taken down SS-WP Install 1.2.7.

          So SheepShaver and WordPerfect should be completely compatible with Lion with the next release of SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install, v. 1.3, which I'll post today or tomorrow.

          John R.

          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, David Derbes <loki@...> wrote:

          > Hi, John and others.
          >
          > The imminent OS X version 10.7, "Lion", apparently does away with Rosetta. I assume this won't affect SheepShaver, but I don't know.
          > Any possible impact on us WP users?
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > David Derbes
          > U of Chicago Lab Schools
        • David Derbes
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
            John:

            Many thanks! (For this and everything else!)

            David Derbes
            U of Chicago Laboratory Schools