Re: [wpmac] Regular maintenance for OSX/SheepShaver (was: Copying to Sheepshaver)

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2011
      I'd like to know the outcome. I'm not on Snow Leopard yet, but difficulties using the clipboard with SheepShaver is something I'd want to address right away.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2011
        One possibility (until we learn more from Geoff's report) is that different versions of SheepShaver seem to react differently with the clipboard. The version posted at the top of the first message here runs in 64-mode under Snow Leopard on recent Macs, and apparently the clipboard doesn't work correctly with it unless it's explicitly set to run in 32-bit mode. Perhaps this doesn't apply in this case, but it's something that experimenters should be aware of.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2011
          There was something on the emaculation.com forum recently about problems with SS in 64-bit mode, but I can't find it now. Whatever they were, running in 32-bit mode fixed them.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2011
            Dear All

            Did the lot and no effect. I can still copy out from WP, but not into
            WP. Nor, for that matter, any other OS 8.6 program - SimpleText will not
            paste from OSX. Worse. I can no longer copy out from ShSh programmes
            into OSX programmes. It's not the end of the world, but it's iritating

            Geoff

            Geoff Gilbert
            Professor of Law
            Head of the School of Law
            School of Law and Human Rights Centre
            University of Essex
            Wivenhoe Park
            Colchester
            CO4 3SQ

            Tel: +44 (0)1206 872557
            Fax: +44 (0)1206 873428
            Email: geoff (for those outside the University, add @ followed by essex.ac.uk)

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 2, 2011
              Are you running SheepShaver in 64-bit mode? (I believe the switch is on the Get Info screen for the app). I think 64-bit still needs work.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 3, 2011
                John

                Sorted. 32 bit mode (in ShSh's Get Info box) has restored copying in.

                Geoff (from the shores of Lake Victoria)