Re: [wpmac] Regular maintenance for OSX/SheepShaver (was: Copying to Sheepshaver)

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30, 2011
      Thanks, Geoff. Many people sent many different suggestions, and it would be very helpful to the group if you could let us know which suggestion, if any, helped to solve the problem. When you get a chance, please give us a report.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2011
        I'd like to know the outcome. I'm not on Snow Leopard yet, but difficulties using the clipboard with SheepShaver is something I'd want to address right away.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2011
          One possibility (until we learn more from Geoff's report) is that different versions of SheepShaver seem to react differently with the clipboard. The version posted at the top of the first message here runs in 64-mode under Snow Leopard on recent Macs, and apparently the clipboard doesn't work correctly with it unless it's explicitly set to run in 32-bit mode. Perhaps this doesn't apply in this case, but it's something that experimenters should be aware of.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2011
            There was something on the emaculation.com forum recently about problems with SS in 64-bit mode, but I can't find it now. Whatever they were, running in 32-bit mode fixed them.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2011
              Dear All

              Did the lot and no effect. I can still copy out from WP, but not into
              WP. Nor, for that matter, any other OS 8.6 program - SimpleText will not
              paste from OSX. Worse. I can no longer copy out from ShSh programmes
              into OSX programmes. It's not the end of the world, but it's iritating

              Geoff

              Geoff Gilbert
              Professor of Law
              Head of the School of Law
              School of Law and Human Rights Centre
              University of Essex
              Wivenhoe Park
              Colchester
              CO4 3SQ

              Tel: +44 (0)1206 872557
              Fax: +44 (0)1206 873428
              Email: geoff (for those outside the University, add @ followed by essex.ac.uk)

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 2, 2011
                Are you running SheepShaver in 64-bit mode? (I believe the switch is on the Get Info screen for the app). I think 64-bit still needs work.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 3, 2011
                  John

                  Sorted. 32 bit mode (in ShSh's Get Info box) has restored copying in.

                  Geoff (from the shores of Lake Victoria)