Copying to Sheepshaver

  • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 36 , Jun 27, 2011
      Geoff and Joe, I too have found problems with pasting into WP in SS
      material copied from OSX, sometimes even when I remember to click on the
      SS desktop before pasting.

      > For some reason I can still cut and paste from WP in ShSh to programmes
      > in OSX, but I can no longer copy in, even using Paste Special.

      Clipboard transfer of OSX _graphics_ seldom works for me; I typically
      transfer the OSX graphic file as JPEG or GIF, or as a
      ClarisWorks/AppleWorks drawing (I keep AW 6.2.9 on the OSX side, saving
      as CW4 any material I want to move to SS, where I keep CW4 for such
      purposes), into the Unix folder for opening in SS.

      When OSX _text_ does not want to paste into WP in SS, I may paste it
      into a new TextEdit document, then save as RTF into the Unix folder. WP
      has not yet failed to open such an RTF (I drop the file onto John R.'s
      "Open in WP" applet).

      I have also found that SimpleText (in SS) can help. ST will accept a
      paste of text copied from OSX more often than will WP or other SS apps,
      and once the text is pasted into ST, will paste into WP even without
      again being selected and copied. Both the TE and the ST methods retain
      test attributes, though TE is likely to keep more of the formatting
      (layout) features. HTH. Tom

      ===================================
      Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
      Licensed Clinical Psychologist
      1140 Lake Street, Suite 508
      Oak Park, IL 60301-1053
      (708) 848-1611
      fax (708) 848-1436
      tjrostaf@...
    • J.J. McVeigh
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 27, 2011
        em315 wrote:

        >Try it again. Perhaps Yahoo was acting strangely. Don't use the
        >abbreviated link in your message. Use the link on the Files page.

        OK, it worked this time. Thank you!
        --

        J.J. McVeigh