[Ann:] Revised version of system that runs WPDOS under OS X

    Message 1 of 5 , May 13, 2011
      I've updated my system that uses the DOSBox emulator software to make it possible to run WordPerfect for DOS 5.1 or 6.x under OS X. The new version starts up in 43-line mode under both Leopard (on Intel only) and Snow Leopard. On a PowerPC system, it runs in 25-line mode only.

      To use this system, you'll need to copy a couple of WP program files from your existing WPDOS setup into a folder on your OS X system. It's all spelled out in the ReadMe First file on the installer disk, available here:

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPDOSBox%20Installer.dmg

      The system lets you exchange text to and from the OS X clipboard and print to the current OS X printer. It also creates PDF files from WPDOS.
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 5 , May 19, 2011
        Do any of these emulators work on a PPC Mac, or only with Intel Macs? I mean programs like "Sheepshaver" and "DOSBox". I still run OSX Tiger on a G4 (so I can still reboot into OS9 whenever I want to, or run WP under Classic).

        > I've updated my system that uses the DOSBox emulator software to make it possible to run WordPerfect for DOS 5.1 or 6.x under OS X. The new version starts up in 43-line mode under both Leopard (on Intel only) and Snow Leopard. On a PowerPC system, it runs in 25-line mode only.
        >
        > To use this system, you'll need to copy a couple of WP program files from your existing WPDOS setup into a folder on your OS X system. It's all spelled out in the ReadMe First file on the installer disk, available here:
        >
        > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPDOSBox%20Installer.dmg
        >
        > The system lets you exchange text to and from the OS X clipboard and print to the current OS X printer. It also creates PDF files from WPDOS.

      • Bush Joseph
        Message 3 of 5 , May 19, 2011
          Hi Mark,

          I havenʻt tried SheepShaver on my Tiger PPC G4 (I just ran WP in
          Classic). IIRC DOSBox ran Ok and I was able to use DataPerfect 2.x and
          WP 5.x. There were limitations (couldnʻt print using the official
          DOSBox release 0.72. I found a 0.71rcl release that allowed some
          printing). Iʻve since migrated to my Intel Mini and Leopard. I donʻt
          know which DOSBox Eric is using on his build. I should point out I was
          not using the package referenced below, rather the DOSBox package from
          the developers. Your question seems generic regarding this emulator.

          Joe

          Message 4 of 5 , May 20, 2011
            The DOSBox system runs under any Mac using 10.4 or later, Intel or PowerPC. To answer a question is another thread, it uses a custom build of DOSBox based on the current experimental code (which is a revised version of 0.74). The page linked below has further information.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 20, 2011
              Sorry - I didn't include the link to the page with further information. It's here:

              http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/wpdosmac-dosbox.html