Re: new release of WP Spotlight & QuickLook Plug-ins

  • gero_herrmann
    Message 1 of 36 , May 10, 2011
      You can enable Spotlight indexing for the server. Mount the volume, then open Termial and type the command

      mdutil -i on /Volumes/WP

      where "WP" should be replaced by the actual name of your mounted server volume. More information on

      http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20050430233117572

      Gero
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "R.C" <rcasey@...> wrote:
      > Question - Is there a way to index & use Spotlight to search a file server?? we have 100,000 Wordperfect 3.5e documents on a file server. The file server is a Power PC G3 running 8.5 and AppleShare 4.3. On our desktop machines we run Wordperfect under Classic on Power PC's running either OS 10.3 or 10.4.
    • J.J. McVeigh
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 27, 2011
        em315 wrote:

        >Try it again. Perhaps Yahoo was acting strangely. Don't use the
        >abbreviated link in your message. Use the link on the Files page.

        OK, it worked this time. Thank you!
        --

        J.J. McVeigh