Re: [wpmac] New version 1.0.2 of "Open WP Files" available, can fix Spotligh

  • Smokey Ardisson
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2011
      On Mon May 9, 2011 7:19 pm ((PDT)), "John R" <johnrethorst@...> wrote:

      >Smokey, we should release an update just to fix
      >my oversight in releasing the script without
      >recompiling it, so that it will not already have
      >a path to the unix folder, and thus read
      >Sheepshaver's prefs to get one.
      >
      >Should any other revisions be made, to support
      >Gero's new importer? If not, I can just fix the
      >script and release 1.0.3. Otherwise, I don't
      >know enough about UTI and content type to do
      >anything useful.

      No, there do not appear to be any relevant
      changes from Gero's new importer that need
      adapting in Open WP Files, so you can just
      recompile and bump the version number to 1.0.3 in
      the Info.plist.

      Longer term, we probably want to store the unix
      folder in the application's preference file and
      read it from there, rather than setting that as a
      global in the script, so that this sort of
      oversight can be avoided altogether (I found an
      email where we talked about doing that last year,
      but I've just never gotten around to hacking on
      the script to get everything workingŠ). And
      probably also handle the error where the Unix
      folder does not exist by at least trying to
      reread the SS prefs once (but not more, to
      prevent an infinite loop)Š

      Smokey
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2011
        Utility application to go along with your SheepShaver or Basilisk install. Lets you double-click on WP files in the OSX Finder, or find a WP file with Spotlight. SheepShaver activates and WP opens the file. This better integration between SS and OSX saves time opening files.

        Free in the Files > SheepShaver & Basilisk folder here.

        John R.