[ANN:] Updated version of the WPLO Converter

    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2011
      I've updated the WPLO Converter application so that it incorporates the current beta version of LibreOffice and the latest version of the libwpd converter software. This means that the WPLO Converter can convert WPMac files that include Japanese/Chinese/Korean characters, and can also convert any other WP files. These files can now be converted into RTF, DOC, PDF, or OTD formats (OTD is the native format of OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice).

      By default it converts WP files into DOC format, but if you change its name so that it includes "RTF" or "PDF" or "OTD", it will convert into the specified format instead.

      If you add the word "Open" anywhere in the name of the application, it will open the converted document in whichever application OS X uses by default for reading such documents. If you add the word "Setup" to the name of the application, you can specify a different application to use for opening files after converting them (for example, you can tell the application to use TextEdit instead of Word to open DOC files).

      If, however, you add "To WP" to the name of the application, it will convert any current document format into WordPerfect format (instead of translating FROM WordPerfect TO some other format).

      Conversion from WP to OTD is very fast; other conversions are relatively slow. The original file is not altered in any way.

      Download link as before:

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPLOConverter.zip
      Message 2 of 2 , May 20, 2011
        It turns out that the version I posted on May 9th was unable to convert DOC, RTF, DOCX, etc., files TO WordPerfect format, although it could convert from WP format to other formats. I've now fixed that: it again converts both FROM and TO WPMac format. Same download link:

        http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPLOConverter.zip

        Otherwise, it's as described below.