[wpmac] Re: new release of WP Spotlight & QuickLook Plug-ins

  • Vincent
    Message 1 of 36 , May 8, 2011
      Gero,

      Thanks a million for this great work. We have about 30000 WP Mac documents on our server, accumulated since 1992. With QuickLook on my Snow Leopard Mac I can now browse through tons of documents at lightning speed, fantastic. Only graphics don't show, but I know that's a different story and I never expected that.

      Thanks also to John Rethorst for devoting his time and work to this site.

      Anywhere I can donate without hurting anyones pride? I'm just so thankful for this.

      Vincent

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "gero_herrmann" <gero_herrmann@...> wrote:

      > I recommend upgrading to everyone. Even for Snow Leopard users, a few things have changed:
      >
      > - Mac double byte script characters, e.g. Japanese, are handled
      > - WP Mac stationery file types (sPD1 ... sPD4) are now recognized
      > - Arabic characters in WP5 documents are handled
      > - Graciously corrupted WP6 prefix data is handled
      > - QuickLook plug-in works with 32-bit third-party client applications
      > - Miscellaneous other fixes
      >
      > I would be interested in receiving feedback especially regarding WP Mac documents with text in non-Western script systems such as Central European and Japanese.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Gero
      >
      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@> wrote:
      > > First, thanks. If we have the previous one because we run Snow leopard,
      > > do we need this version?
      > >
      > > Geoff

    • J.J. McVeigh
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 27, 2011
        em315 wrote:

        >Try it again. Perhaps Yahoo was acting strangely. Don't use the
        >abbreviated link in your message. Use the link on the Files page.

        OK, it worked this time. Thank you!
        --

        J.J. McVeigh