[ANN:] Slightly updated version of WPMacPPC Appliance

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2011
      I've slightly updated my WPMacPPC Appliance, which runs SheepShaver and WPMac under Leopard and Snow Leopard. It contains a less-advanced emulated Mac system than John's SheepShaver-WP system, but requires no installation, and automatically opens any WP file in your Documents folder.

      The new version includes the newly updated Spotlight and QuickLook filters by Gero Herrmann - which are absolutely indispensable to anyone who uses WPMac. Under Snow Leopard, the new version automatically updates any existing copy of the filters to the latest version (older versions of the WPMacPPC Appliance automatically installed earlier versions of those filters), or installs the filters for the first time if they are not already present. A few other very, very minor improvements are also in the current version.

      As before, the download link is here:

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPMacPPC%20Installer.dmg

      and a full description is here:

      http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html

      As before, this system only exists because John Rethorst and Smokey Ardisson devised methods for opening WPMac files in SheepShaver when those WPMac files exist only in a user's OS X folder. It also exists only because John devised a method for printing or creating PDF files under OS X from WPMac running in SheepShaver. Everything in this system that's intelligent or innovative is their work.