Re: [wpmac] Do you need a converter FROM other formats TO WordPerfect?

  • J.J. McVeigh
    Message 1 of 83 , Apr 2, 2011
      Geoff Gilbert wrote:

      >It would be incredibly useful. I receive stuff in Word format that I
      >have to edit and return in Word format to the publisher. I have Word
      >and can use it, but Word collects codes like they are going out of
      >fashion, whereas in WP can I see them in Reveal Codes, delete the
      >unnecessary ones and then convert back. The only question I would
      >have is whether it
      >will be able to cope with footnotes?
      >
      >Thanks for even thinking of doing something so useful

      I second the statement of interest. I have a version of Word (Word
      X) that I use when I must. I use the .docx-to-rtf converter that
      Microsoft has made available to deal with .docx files... or I ask the
      person sending me the file to save as a .doc or .rtf file, and to
      re-send.

      I have a version of MacLink Plus that is several years old (v. 11).
      It can convert .doc files to WP-Mac format. It works reasonably
      well, but sometimes, the formatting gets scrambled.

      I learned recently that Dataviz is no longer offering MacLink Plus.
      I think the most recent version was v16.

      --
      John Joseph McVeigh
      Butler, Maryland, USA
      Message 83 of 83 , Apr 23, 2011
        You may not see any usable results until they sort out a lot of left-over details of Hebrew and Arabic, and also until they build in support for the other WorldScript alphabets - Cyrillic, Indian, etc. But they move amazingly quickly.