Updates to WP converters and emulators

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2011
      I've made some updates and fixes to a few things that I've announced here in the past.

      I. WPLO Converter

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPLOConverter.zip

      WPLO Converter - this is the converter that's based on the code in LibreOffice, and is probably the best converter from WP formats to DOC, RTF, and PDF. Two features are worth noting (only the second one is changed slightly):

      1. By default, it converts WP files into DOC format; change the name of the program to include the string "RTF" (as in "WPLO RTF Converter" or anything similar) and it will output to RTF instead; change the name to include "PDF" and it will output to PDF.

      2. By adding the string "Open" to the program name, the program will open the output file in the default application on your system that opens DOC (or RTF or PDF) files. But if you add "Setup" to the program name, you can specify exactly which application you want the program to use when opening those files. Remove the word "Setup" from the name after doing this, because otherwise you'll have to select the application you want each time.

      II. WPMacPPC Appliance and WPMac Appliance

      http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html
      http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel-alternate.html

      These are two systems that run WPMac in an emulated System 7 setup on Intel Macs, the first (and more advanced using SheepShaver, the other using BasiliskII. The systems are essentially the same as in previous versions, but the disk image files now display correctly in OS X 10.5 and 10.6; before this the images displayed correctly only in 10.6. (The PPC in the name of one of these systems means that it EMULATES a PowerPC - it runs only on an Intel Mac.)

      III. WPDOS on a Mac, using DOSBox

      http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/wpdosmac-dosbox.html

      Once again, the disk image has been updated so that it displays correctly under both 10.5 and 10.6. Also I've added the ability to use a PCL printer driver instead of a PostScript-based printer driver, which means that 80 fonts are supported instead of 35. I haven't documented this feature yet, but an expert user can fairly easily figure it out. I'll document it when I get a chance.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2011
        These are terrific resources for WP users. Thanks so much!