Re: OSX utilities (was: PS to PDF problem)

  • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 23 12:20 PM
      Hi, John.

      Thank you for the suggestions.

      I've done most of these Onyx routines routinely, though I do not reset
      the Launch Services database all the time. I just did that, and tried
      to open a PS file again. Still freezes Preview. My problem may be
      deeper than Preview, however. Since updating 10.4.9 to 10.4.11 (using
      the combo updater, of course), I have been unable to print without first
      running Printer Setup Repair to get CUPS running.

      Sometime soon I plan to install Snow Leopard on a separate partition.
      If all goes well, I hope to use it for SS (as well as a few other things
      that don't like Tiger any more).

      As for utilities, I think we have a consensus. Most of the time I use
      Onyx for its maintenance and cleaning routines (once a week ideally,
      after backing up my HD using SuperDuper), or once in a while MainMenu.
      I have used AppleJack to check on things after crashes and such.

      Tom