[ANN] Window Manager 2.1 beta 1 (was: Zooming Classic Elements Only)

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 21, 2011
      Update to a popular macro set now in the Files section, in the Temporary_Items folder, as "John's WP Window Manager 2.1b1.sit".

      This has two new macros: Close All, to close all open windows at once, of course offering to save changes to any that have them, and Tile Two Windows, to put the top two windows next to each other at full height.

      This is something like the program command Tile Windows, on the Window menu, but that command tiles all open windows, making each window as small as necessary to fit all onscreen. The Tile Two Windows macro operates only on the top two windows.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. McVeigh" <kd4vs@...> wrote:

      > The only thing that I do not like about it is that if I have two
      > documents open side by side, and then zoom them, the second
      > document's position gets shifted on the screen so as to overlay the
      > first document. The second document ends up on top of the first, and
      > I need to drag it to the side to restore the relative positions.
      >
      > Some overlap may be inevitable as a result of the zoom, but in the
      > case, the overlap is 100%... more than zooming itself will account
      > for.
      >
      > Thank you for all of your efforts, and for your consideration.

      You bet. Thank you for your suggestions.

      John R.
    • J.J. McVeigh
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 23, 2011
        John R wrote:

        >Update to a popular macro set now in the Files section, in the
        >Temporary_Items folder, as "John's WP Window Manager 2.1b1.sit".
        >
        >This has two new macros: Close All, to close all open windows at
        >once, of course offering to save changes to any that have them, and
        >Tile Two Windows, to put the top two windows next to each other at
        >full height.
        >
        >This is something like the program command Tile Windows, on the
        >Window menu, but that command tiles all open windows, making each
        >window as small as necessary to fit all onscreen. The Tile Two
        >Windows macro operates only on the top two windows.

        I have downloaded and expanded the file. I then saved Manage Windows
        to my WP Library folder without any problem. The macros function as
        described.

        I am curious as to under what circumstances one would want to run the
        macro, "Stack Windows (Wide)." When I run that macro, an open WP
        document window zooms to the full width of the display, but the
        magnification level of the document remains the same. Most of the
        zoomed window is a grey no-man's land. I must be missing something,
        but I do not see the purpose. I could understand zooming the window
        and increasing the magnification level of the document within the
        window to suit the zoomed window, but that does not happen with this
        macro.... at least not at this end, running OS 10.4.11, OS 9.2.2
        within Classic, and WP 3.5ep on a dual G5.

        --
        John Joseph McVeigh
        Butler, Maryland, USA
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 23, 2011
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. McVeigh" <kd4vs@...> wrote:

          > I have downloaded and expanded the file. I then saved Manage Windows
          > to my WP Library folder without any problem. The macros function as
          > described.

          Thanks for the report (I greatly appreciate feedback on betas, as well as on released versions).

          > I am curious as to under what circumstances one would want to run the
          > macro, "Stack Windows (Wide)." When I run that macro, an open WP
          > document window zooms to the full width of the display, but the
          > magnification level of the document remains the same.

          This would be more useful with landscape orientation, and depending on paper size. It was also written when displays were typically not nearly as large as today.