Printing from WP

  • dwhoughton2
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 10, 2011
      I recently upgraded my 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac from OS 10.5.8 to OS 10.6.5. I downloaded SheepShaver 1.2.5

      I now cannot print my WP documents on my Canon MX850 printer.

      When I installed SS-WP 1.2.5 no "SheepShaver Print folder" was created in my "Unix" folder. I created the "SS Print folder" in the "Unix" folder and attached the "SheepShaver Print-PDF.scpt" to it using "Folder Actions Setup".

      I press Cmd-P and Save in the first Print Window; select "SheepShaver Print folder" and press Save in the second window. The document appears as "<file name>.ps" in the "SheepShaver Print folder", but does not appear in the queue of the printer utility window.

      Have you any suggestions?

      Everything else works well including "Open WP Files 1.0.1" and "SymbolicLinker" — both great improvements for which I thank you.

      Dudley
      Austin, Texas
    • Joseph Bush
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 10, 2011
        Hi, Dudley

        Normally, you need to select the ʻSheepShaver Data Folderʻ, followed
        by the SS > OSX folder. Those folders must be present for script
        printing to work. Once navigated to, the print dialog should remember
        the location from then on. In this case though, the installation may
        have problems. If you lack either or all of these folders Iʻve
        mentioned, you may need to reinstall again. Thereʻs also a paper on
        Faster Printing in the Messages Section that may be a good alternative.

        Joe.

        On Feb 10, 2011, at 12:31 PM, dwhoughton2 wrote:

        > I recently upgraded my 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac from OS 10.5.8 to
        > OS 10.6.5. I downloaded SheepShaver 1.2.5
        >
        > I now cannot print my WP documents on my Canon MX850 printer.
        >
        > When I installed SS-WP 1.2.5 no "SheepShaver Print folder" was
        > created in my "Unix" folder. I created the "SS Print folder" in the
        > "Unix" folder and attached the "SheepShaver Print-PDF.scpt" to it
        > using "Folder Actions Setup".
        >
        > I press Cmd-P and Save in the first Print Window; select
        > "SheepShaver Print folder" and press Save in the second window. The
        > document appears as "<file name>.ps" in the "SheepShaver Print
        > folder", but does not appear in the queue of the printer utility
        > window.
        >
        > Have you any suggestions?
        >
        > Everything else works well including "Open WP Files 1.0.1" and
        > "SymbolicLinker" — both great improvements for which I thank you.
        >
        > Dudley
        > Austin, Texas

      • dwhoughton2
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 11, 2011
          Thanks for the prompt response, Joe.

          I have thrown away the existing "SheepShaver" folder from Applications. I have downloaded a new copy of "SheepShaver-WordPerfect 1.2.5.dmg" & installed it.

          I still can't print.

          "SheepShaver Print-PDF.scpt" is attached to the "SS > OSX" folder. My test file is copied to the "SS > OSX" folder with the ".ps" extension, but does not appear in my printer queue, and does not print. I also did not get the window offering the choice between "Print" and "PDF".

          Dudley
        • Joseph Bush
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 11, 2011
            Hi Dudley,

            Has anything changed in the way your printer is connected, i.e. did
            you move it from a USB to an Ethernet connection? Also, have you
            installed the latest Canon drivers for 10.6.x? They are supposed to
            see both 64 and 32 bit apps, but have had trouble doing so in the
            recent past.

            Joe

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 19, 2011
              Please try the solution described here and let us know if it works:

              http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?id=30112