Re: Codeweaver CrossOver

  • ftaswe
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2011
      Hello Larry,

      got a tip about this list when trying to make an irreplaceable old term bank from 1992 work (DOS and old Mac, around System 7 I guess, only) on Mac OS X.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "wisdomlarry" <wisdomlarry@...> wrote:

      > Hi All:
      > I'm a longtime WordPerfect user, new Mac user. I love the "reveal codes" feature and that I don't really have to think about the commands to get my documents to work the way I want them to. I'm sick of Windows and looking to change platforms.
      >
      > I've tried various Linux fixes and patches to get WP to work on Ubuntu, with no success so far. I wondering/hoping that getting WP to work on a Mac (Snow Leopard) is better. Have any of you successfully tried or used Codeweaver's CrossOver for Mac? Or are there other, better ways to get WP to work on a Mac? FWIW, I am really only committed to getting WP to work, if I can't get Quattro Pro to work, I'm OK with that, but I'm really interested in getting WP to work.
      >
      > If you've gotten WP to work for you, was there a particular version you preferred? I've still got a copy of WP Office 11, 12 and X3.
      >
      > In advance, thanks for sharing your experience(s).

      Have you looked in the CodeWeavers compatibility center?:
      <http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/search/?name=wordperfect>

      More precisely:
      WP Office 12, Silver
      <http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=656>

      WP Office X3, Gold
      <http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1736>

      Make sure to check in the Tips & Tricks and Forum tabs.

      While I didn't manage to make "my" apps work as I wanted to, joining as an advocate helped me get a lot closer to the goal with the foras.

      BR,
      Gudmund, hoping to decipher an easy way to make Termdok work in Mac OS X, preferably with all the CD data on HD.