How can I include Zoom in the New Document Template?

  • Pat Sitton
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 4:58 PM
      I'm setting up a computer for someone with profound vision problems.
      I've set up WordPerfect to open when the computer is turned on.
      I'd like WP to open a default document that includes some specific
      formatting and a 400% enlargement (Zoom).
      The default formatting is easy to take care of with a New Document
      Template but I haven't been able to find anything in the manual that
      describes a way to include the Zoom in the New Document Template.

      Can anyone tell me a way to get WP to automatically set the Zoom to a
      previously chosen amount every time it opens a new document?

      thanks,
      Pat
    • John Hokanson Jr.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1 7:23 PM
        I've wondered the same thing actually. Though I'd prefer it if it did it with ALL new documents (like a global setting).

        It's pretty evident that WP was originally designed with 640x480 (or 400) in mind. The requirements state that'll run on as old a machine as a Mac II or LC.

        When viewed in 1024x768 on a 15" monitor you will end up with pretty serious eye strain when viewing the 14 pt font I normally type in. I don't need 400%, but a 150% to 200% default zoom would help considerably.

        - John

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1 7:46 PM
          Go to Ed Mendelson's page at:

          http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html

          and see the section titled:

          Automatically set the zoom level and window size for WPMac

          John R.