Crash on macwrite conversion

  • iTheToddler
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 2011
      Downloaded WP to convert some old Macwrite files, but WP crashes upon import. You briefly see the doc open before the crash. Any ideas? Thanks.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 25, 2011
        Which download? What OS? IAC get "Conversions 2.1.2.sit" from the Conversions folder of the Files section here. Take the Conversions folder within it and put that in your WP application folder, replacing. Let us know.

        John R.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2011
          Using a PowerBook G4 running 10.3.9 with WP3.5 enhanced via Classic. I had already switched out and used the new conversions folder ... still no love. Any ideas?

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 26, 2011
            You might want to post a sample file on line somewhere so that other people might try it out. I don't think anyone can suggest anything else without a file to experiment with.

            Also, if you search Google for "MacWrite download" you can find the program itself, and if you once owned the program, then you're surely still licensed to use it, and you can download it with a clear conscience. If you open your files in MacWrite, you can probably export them to some other format.
          • iTheToddler
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 27, 2011
              Thanks for the assistance ... I was finally able to open the files using an old version of "Can Opener" ... many thanks for their technical assistance!