Re: [ANN] WP Regular Expression Search 3.0

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19 10:38 PM
      What OS are you on? Also, have you tried restarting?

      I would also, if you haven't done it recently, rebuild the Classic desktop. This is done in System Preferences > Classic > Advanced.

      John R.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. McVeigh" <kd4vs@...> wrote:

      > I downloaded and installed the updated version, and when I try to
      > launch the WP Regex Search applet, I get this error message:
      >
      > ====
      >
      > Error -877
      >
      > Classic environment will not launch that application.
      >
      > [OK]
      >
      > =====
      >
      > --
      > John Joseph McVeigh
      > Butler, Maryland, USA

    • J.J. McVeigh
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 20 8:14 AM
        John R wrote:

        >What OS are you on? Also, have you tried restarting?
        >
        >I would also, if you haven't done it recently, rebuild the Classic
        >desktop. This is done in System Preferences > Classic > Advanced.

        Sorry, I meant to include such information in my prior message.

        My main OS is 10.4.11 on a Dual G5 Power mac.
        The Classic OS is OS 9.2.2

        I took your suggestions. I restarted the computer (not merely
        Classic), then I rebuilt the Classic desktop. All is now well.

        Thank you for the suggestions.

        --
        John Joseph McVeigh
        Butler, Maryland, USA
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. McVeigh" <kd4vs@...> wrote:

          > I took your suggestions. I restarted the computer (not
          > merely Classic), then I rebuilt the Classic desktop. All is now well.

          Cool! Here's a more general description of this, for others.

          Any of us on OSX may have forgotten the need to, once a month or so, rebuild the desktop as preventative maintenance. As well, if icons aren't doing what they should, files disappear etc., rebuild the desktop. It only takes a minute.

          To rebuild the desktop using my SheepShaver package:

          Find Desktop Reset in the Utilities folder and double-click it. After a few seconds a dialog will say that desktop files have been moved to the trash, and will offer to restart. Do so. During the restart, new desktop files will be created. After the operation, you can empty the trash.

          To rebuild the Classic desktop:

          Go to System Preferences > Classic > Advanced, and click Rebuild Desktop.

          To rebuild the desktop on a pre-OSX machine:

          Restart, holding down the Command and Option keys, until a dialog offers to rebuild the desktop.