Preferences (Prefs) file (was: WP and Applescript)

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 14, 2011
      No apology needed, certainly. The cause of the crash, I'm guessing, was an interaction between Applescript's Launch command and an OnOpenDocument macro.

      In any case, I had a backup Prefs file all ready to go. This is why I recommend that every user, if you haven't already done so:

      1. Quit WP
      2. Go to System Folder > Preferences > WordPerfect and trash your Preferences (USA) -- or e.g. Preferences (CAN) -- file. Archive your Library file while you're at it.
      3. Start WP. It will take a little longer since it's building a new Prefs file.
      4. Set all your preferences to your liking.
      5. Quit WP again and archive your new Preferences file.

      When a copy of WP is acting up, the first step I recommend doing is quitting and replacing the current Prefs file with a copy of the archive.