Re: Creating a letterhead -- macro, header, styles??

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2011
      You need a template, which can contain a logo or other graphic. A template can also contain macros, including one named OnOpenDocument. If the template data is static, though, then just text is fine, plus a footer with a page number code.

      John R.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "R.C" <rcasey@...> wrote:

      > I am using WP 3.5e on a G4 Power PC.
      >
      > I need to setup a template or stationary or a macro that will have a logo and attorney name at the top of each page and page number and contact information at the bottom of each page.
      >
      > Can anyone advise as to whether I should set up as a macro, template, header or footer or a combination of same??
      >
      > I tried to set up as macro and it seemed to work, however, the logo i pasted into the macro disappeared.
      >
      > Thanks for any input.

    • Rich Casey
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2011
        Thank you for your reply. A couple more questions now that I know I
        need to create a template.

        1) is there a page number code that will allow for "Page 1 of 2" etc?

        2) is there anything special i need to have the header and footer
        appear on additional pages of a multi-page document?

        3) what is the best format to use for the graphic -- jpg, pict, tiff?

        thanks again.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2011
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Rich Casey <rcasey@...> wrote:

          > 1) is there a page number code that will allow for "Page 1 of 2" etc?

          That needs a macro, which can be put in the template. I know I've seen a Page X of Y macro somewhere, but can't find it now, so here's another one:

          ===

          For a footer that says e.g. "Page 2 of 5", run this macro. You can name it "Page X of Y" and put it in your macro menu, or name it "OnOpenDocument" (or add it to your current OnOpenDocument macro) and put it in a template. As such, it will update every time you open the file. Otherwise, run the macro whenever you change the number of pages in the document.

          Goto Top of Document
          Remove All Code (Forward;Footer B)
          End ()
          Assign (Var01;LogicalPage)
          Home ()
          Create Header/Footer (Footer B;All Pages)
          Center Align
          Type (Page )
          Insert Page Number
          Type ( of )
          Type Var (Var01)
          Close Subdocument
          Home ()

          ===

          > 2) is there anything special i need to have the header and footer
          > appear on additional pages of a multi-page document?

          No. Once defined, a header and footer appear on all (or even, or odd) pages of a document until a Discontinue code is put in the document.

          > 3) what is the best format to use for the graphic -- jpg, pict, tiff?

          PICT is an old format and I'm not sure whether it's fully supported in OSX. TIFF is probably OK but file sizes may be big. JPG seems to be the most common current graphic format except for specialized uses. I'd try that and then the others to see what works best.

          > thanks again.

          You bet.