Re: [wpmac] Citations (was: endnote)

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 13, 2010
      Yes it does. It's a Macintosh program built with Applescript and WP Mac macros.

      John R.

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 13, 2010
        It's easy to transfer reference data from Endnote to WP Citations. The package includes instructions.

        It shouldn't be hard to get WP running on an Intel Mac. My SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install is all of one double-click to install. I haven't used Ed's WPMacPPCInstaller since it requires Leopard and I'm running Tiger, but I understand it's even easier.

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 13, 2010
          Why would you want to spend money? Endnote has a lot of what I'd call fluff -- choose your journal's reference format from a list of 200 journals -- but since every journal uses one of a half-dozen or so formats (APA, MLA, Chicago etc.), and they tell you which one they use in their colophon, it's just as easy to choose that format in WP Citations. Recent versions of Endnote have web search, but I doubt that it beats Google. Conversely, Citations has a lot of features, e.g. footnotes and cross-referencing, that no other reference program offers, at least with WP. Citations also interfaces with Note Editor, also free here, which offers a a good number of editing and formatting features for both footnotes and endnotes.

          John R.

          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "R. Mansfield" <rmansfield@...> wrote:

          > I noticed there are numerous older versions of Endnote on eBay, but the sellers aren't listing the system requirements. However, if you can find one that works with the classic OS, it should work with WP/Mac just fine. The key will be to figure out the right version, and unfortunately, there's not a wikipedia entry that lists this information, and it's not on the Endnote website either.
          >
          > ___
          > Rick Mansfield • (502) 387-6414
          > Sent from my iPad

        • Stephen P. Goff
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 25, 2010
            I meant WP for the Mac. I use WP 3.5e, these days under Sheepshaver.
            "ancient" endnote I have, but only the newer ones connect to databases
            (pubmed etc.).
            It's a problem.

            Stephen P. Goff
            Higgins Professor of Biochemistry
            Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics
            Department of Microbiology
            HHMI, Columbia University P& S
            HHSC 1310c
            701 West 168th Street