Re: [wpmac] Citations (was: endnote)

  • Ricki Tannen
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 12, 2010
      does it work with MAC's. I have given up on WP and am now using reluctantly
      open office. Pages is the worst program I have ever seen.
      Ricki

      --
      Ricki Tannen
      rickitannen@...

    • Ricki Tannen
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 12, 2010
        No matter what I do I can not get WP to work on either my IMAC or my MAC
        Book Pro and have given up and am using Open Office on the MAc's and saving
        as word. Will this product support Open Office? Can I transfer my citations
        from Endnote?

        On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM, em315 <em315@...> wrote:

        > Are you asking about how to use Endnote with "WordPerfect for the
        > Macintosh" or with "WordPerfect for Windows"?
        >
        > If you're asking about the WINDOWS version, then the place to ask is
        > http://wpuniverse.com
        >
        > If you're asking about WordPerfect for the Macintosh, you'll need to
        > install an ancient version of Endnote, but I don't know exactly which; this
        > page might help:
        >
        > http://www.endnote.com/support/enupdates.asp
        >

        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com <wordperfectmac%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > "spgoff@..." <hacky8sack@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Any info on use of Endnote with WP? I'm struggling without the wonderful
        > utilities of endnote for current versions of WP...

        Ricki Tannen
        rickitannen@...
        femaletrickster.com
        rickitannen.com

      • R. Mansfield
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 13, 2010
          I noticed there are numerous older versions of Endnote on eBay, but the sellers aren't listing the system requirements. However, if you can find one that works with the classic OS, it should work with WP/Mac just fine. The key will be to figure out the right version, and unfortunately, there's not a wikipedia entry that lists this information, and it's not on the Endnote website either.

          ___
          Rick Mansfield • (502) 387-6414
          Sent from my iPad
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 13, 2010
            Yes it does. It's a Macintosh program built with Applescript and WP Mac macros.

            John R.

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 13, 2010
              It's easy to transfer reference data from Endnote to WP Citations. The package includes instructions.

              It shouldn't be hard to get WP running on an Intel Mac. My SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install is all of one double-click to install. I haven't used Ed's WPMacPPCInstaller since it requires Leopard and I'm running Tiger, but I understand it's even easier.

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 13, 2010
                Why would you want to spend money? Endnote has a lot of what I'd call fluff -- choose your journal's reference format from a list of 200 journals -- but since every journal uses one of a half-dozen or so formats (APA, MLA, Chicago etc.), and they tell you which one they use in their colophon, it's just as easy to choose that format in WP Citations. Recent versions of Endnote have web search, but I doubt that it beats Google. Conversely, Citations has a lot of features, e.g. footnotes and cross-referencing, that no other reference program offers, at least with WP. Citations also interfaces with Note Editor, also free here, which offers a a good number of editing and formatting features for both footnotes and endnotes.

                John R.

                --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "R. Mansfield" <rmansfield@...> wrote:

                > I noticed there are numerous older versions of Endnote on eBay, but the sellers aren't listing the system requirements. However, if you can find one that works with the classic OS, it should work with WP/Mac just fine. The key will be to figure out the right version, and unfortunately, there's not a wikipedia entry that lists this information, and it's not on the Endnote website either.
                >
                > ___
                > Rick Mansfield • (502) 387-6414
                > Sent from my iPad

              • Stephen P. Goff
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 25, 2010
                  I meant WP for the Mac. I use WP 3.5e, these days under Sheepshaver.
                  "ancient" endnote I have, but only the newer ones connect to databases
                  (pubmed etc.).
                  It's a problem.

                  Stephen P. Goff
                  Higgins Professor of Biochemistry
                  Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics
                  Department of Microbiology
                  HHMI, Columbia University P& S
                  HHSC 1310c
                  701 West 168th Street