Links to pre-OSX resources (was: OS 7 system font)

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5 2:20 PM
      There's a large number of third-party utilities for OS 9 that would change the system font to anything you wanted, unlike Apple's very limited Appearance CP. Unfortunately, the best one, Kaleidoscope, has a bug that interacts with WP's contextual spell checker. Look for others at Info-Mac, UMich, System 7 Today, This Old Mac, Low End Mac. Links to all these are in the Links section here.

      John R.

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5 5:03 PM
        OK, here's how to restore Chicago as the system font, or, if you want, use one of a number of other fonts instead.

        Follow the instructions in message 6592 to download the newest version of the WPMacPPC Installer, and then follow the instructions to boot SheepShaver from the EmergencyRepair disk.

        After booting to the EmergencyRepair disk, open the WPMacPPC disk; go to the System Folder, and then the Fonts folder. Remove the Charcoal font to someplace else on the disk.

        Follow the instructions again in message 6592 to remove the EmergencyRepair disk from the system. Boot to the normal WPMacPPC disk.

        Go to the Greg's Buttons control panel. Click on Change System Fonts, and remove the checkmark from the box next to Substitute System Font. Close Greg's Buttons.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "queryist2010" <ronfradkin@...> wrote:

        > Is it possible to change the system font in the WPMacPPC appliance (that's with OS 7.5.5)? It is currently set to Charcoal, and the "Appearance" control panel provides Charcoal as the only option in the system font drop-down menu.

      • queryist2010
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 6 6:20 AM
          I did it, and it works. Thanks