Re: [wpmac] Re: WordPerfect for DOS on Mac OS X

  • Rick Albright
    Message 1 of 37 , Nov 5, 2010
      On Nov 3, 2010, at 11:31 PM, John Kaufmann wrote:

      > In a message dated 2010.11.03 22:18 -0500, Rick Albright wrote:
      >
      >> ... because WP/DOS wasn't WYSIWYG, how many reams of paper were wasted printing out drafts so you could see what it looked like? ...
      >
      > None, because the graphical screen is there for print preview, and the
      > text screen is very aware of spacing(*) even though it does not display
      > the fonts or graphics

      I know that there was print preview, but I seem to recall (though vaguely, I admit), that it was somewhat quirky. Maybe I'm mis-remembering.

      Then we moved on to 6.0 for Windows (strange), and 2.1 (I think it was 2.1, unless it was 2.2; things are getting fuzzy) for the Mac--that was my first Mac version.
    • Joseph Bush
      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 16, 2010
        Thanks for clarifying!