Re: [wpmac] Re: keyboard shortcuts

  • David Schmalz
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2010
      Tom, I always liked the way Windows programs had one letter
      underlined in the menus, too. [Of course, if you were to try MS Word
      these days, you'd find that the menus have been replaced with the
      "ribbon."]

      In WP for Mac, having the keystroke combination appear next to the
      menu item was almost as good as the underlined letter, but only a few
      menu items had them. I only discovered recently that there is a
      setting in preferences to display extra command keys on the menus so
      that almost all of them are displayed with the keystroke. To have
      them not displayed by default makes me wonder whether the original
      writers of the program were intentionally trying to get people to use
      the mouse so the program would be more "Mac-like."

      Regards,
      David