Re: keyboard shortcuts (was: WordPerfect for DOS on Mac OS X)

  • jrethorst
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2010
      > I think John R. mentioned a few years ago that someone challenged his
      > ability to recall all of the keyboard commands he had created or
      > modified.

      No actual such challenge. I was just (or am, in Tips & Macros) recommending grouping keystroke assignments by function, as well as using easy-to-remember letters like cmd-P. For instance, I use command-option plus letter for display commands: cmd-opt-w to show/hide white space; cmd-opt-c to show/hide codes; cmd-opt-p to show/hide paragraph marks.

      This setup is helped by WP's gold key -- another two modifiers like command or option. I use those for formatting commands: gold-c centers the current line only; gold-gold-c centers every line in the paragraph. Surprising how many keystrokes you remember by grouping plus mnemonics.