Re: [wpmac] Re: WordPerfect for DOS on Mac OS X

  • Chad Smith
    Message 1 of 37 , Nov 3, 2010
      There is something geek-chic about those old retro WordPerfect Shortcut
      template grids that fit over your F-Keys row. Back when keyboard were huge,
      clunky, and clicky.

      But yes, I much prefer keyboard shortcuts that have meaning. The F-keys are
      rarely used as F-keys anymore. Which is why on many keyboards, including
      all Macs that I'm aware of, they are half-sized keys and default to things
      like raise and lower the brightness, fast-forward, play, rewind, etc. - and
      you actually have to hit the "fn" key to make them behave like F# keys. For
      some of those old WP commands, you might end up having to hold down 3 or 4
      keys.

      - Chad W Smith
      "I like a man who's middle name is W." - President George W. Bush - February
      10, 2003 bit.ly/gwb-dubya

      On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Paul Cowan <officewallah@...> wrote:

      > On 3 Nov 2010, at 4:09, Geoff Gilbert wrote:
      >
      > > Some of us still print on shift-F7 and search on F2 even though we use
      > > WPMac ... truly, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
      >
      > However, you�ve just summed up why I had an aversion to WP 5.1 and why Mac
      > word processors were such a breath of fresh air: there was no particular
      > reason why F2 should be search and Shift-F7 should be print, whereas
      > Command-F to find and Command-P to print were simply *right*.
      >
      > Plus of course all those 5.1 jockeys� tendency to think the word processor
      > was the operating system� :-)
      >
      > bye,
      >

      > P. (^_^)
      > --
      > mailto:pooru@...
      >
      > Ma, quando si acquista stati in una provincia disforme di lingua, di
      > costumi e di ordini, qui sono le difficult�. - Niccol� Machiavelli

    • Joseph Bush
      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 16, 2010
        Thanks for clarifying!