Re: [wpmac] Re: WordPerfect for DOS on Mac OS X

  • John Kaufmann
    Message 1 of 37 , Nov 2, 2010
      Amen, John. In that brief memory you have encapsulated why WP 5.1/DOS
      (or the equivalent AOS or Unix versions) remains a classic after 20
      years: Opening to a blank screen, completely without distractions, you
      can focus on the content (as we do in email), without thinking about the
      formatting - while still being able to format as needed, when needed,
      without limitation. As David McCullough has put it, "To write is to
      think; to write clearly is to think clearly." And as was said of WP
      5.1/DOS: "On a clear screen you can see forever." An aesthetic writing
      experience that users at first found either intimidating or liberating,
      if yours was the latter reaction you probably never lost your love for it.

      That said, (though I now mostly use OpenOffice for work) you have made
      WP/Mac my favorite GUI word processor. But thanks for the evocative
      reminder of why I so much enjoy going back to WP 5.1.

      John K.

      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 16, 2010
        Thanks for clarifying!