Installing SheepShaver & WordPerfect under Snow Leopard (10.6.4)

  • GeorgeM
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 20, 2010
      I'm having difficulty with John's automatic installer for SheepShaver & WordPerfect:

      http://macwp.com/files/SheepShaver-WordPerfect%201.2.5.dmg

      I'm running OS X 10.6.4. The first time I ran the installer, it indicated that Rosetta was needed and I think it downloaded and installed it. But at some point, it crashed. Now every time I launch the installer, it quits with an error message: "SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install.app quit unexpectedly.

      Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I have manually installed Rosetta from the installation DVD, but it hasn't helped.
    • jrethorst
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 20, 2010
        Hi George,

        I should probably upgrade to Snow Leopard so I can troubleshoot things like this. I built the installer on an Intel machine running Tiger . . .

        Could you download EasyFind (link in the Links section here) and search your Home folder for an invisible file named "SheepShaver_Prefs"? If you find it, delete it. Then run the installer again.

        Anyone else have ideas? I believe many people have installed on Snow Leopard without problems.

        John R.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "GeorgeM" <georgewmaschke@...> wrote:

        > I'm having difficulty with John's automatic installer for SheepShaver & WordPerfect:
        >
        > http://macwp.com/files/SheepShaver-WordPerfect%201.2.5.dmg
        >
        > I'm running OS X 10.6.4. The first time I ran the installer, it indicated that Rosetta was needed and I think it downloaded and installed it. But at some point, it crashed. Now every time I launch the installer, it quits with an error message: "SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install.app quit unexpectedly.
        >
        > Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I have manually installed Rosetta from the installation DVD, but it hasn't helped.

      • georgewmaschke
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 25, 2010
          John,

          Thank you for this tip! Deleting the .sheepshaver_prefs file and re-running the installer solved the problem.

          :-)

          George

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 26, 2010
            Cool!