Re: [wpmac] Re: WP equation editor

  • fabio grazioso
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2010
      about the "hack", do you refer to some conversion of the files format (I vaguely remember some "TrueType to "somethingelse" conversion...)
      My goal is to embed the fonts in a pdf, so to make it readable on any machine...

      Thanks,

      Fabio

      On 14 Sep 2010, at 21:19, jrethorst wrote:

      > The equation fonts download fine here. I've just emailed them to you. Note that these work with WP, but not (or only with a hack) with Word or Appleworks.
      >
      > John R.
      >
      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "quantum_oak" <fabiograzioso@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi to all.
      > > I am a physicist, and I have a lot of files written in WP, with a lot of mathematical formulae in them.
      > >
      > > At some point I have converted them in other formats, as MS Word, or AppleWorks.
      > > Now I have the problem of missing the math fonts for the equations.
      > > I noticed there is a fie named "Equation Fonts.sit" in the shared files of the group.
      > >
      > > But when I try to download it, I receive a message saying: "The requested document is not accessible".
      > > I tried from several computers, and several locations, with the same outcome.
      > >
      > > Is there a solution to this?
      > >
      > > Tank you.
      > >
      > > Fabio

    • jrethorst
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2010
        No, I was referring to font mapping. In fonts containing the Roman alphabet, mapping is uniform so that typing an E on the keyboard puts an E on the screen, using any font. Equation editors, like music notation editors, each tend to use their own mapping, so that if I used WP's equation fonts with Appleworks' equation editor, I might type or click a button for one mathematical symbol but a different one would appear on the screen.

        You don't need to worry about any of that. When you print from WP, using the Laserwriter 8 driver, go to Save As File in the Print dialog. Set the Font Inclusion popup menu to All. That's it.

        John R.