Re: Converting from wpd to doc

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2010
      Probably the simplest way is to download OpenOffice.org from the website of the same name; it opens WP files and saves in .doc format. Other people here may tell you to download NeoOffice or Abiword, and either of those, or OpenOffice.org, will do just fine if the document includes only text. However, if the .WPD document includes graphics, then you should get the special version of OpenOffice.org available from Go-oo.org at this address:

      http://go-oo.org/download/

      The Go-oo.org version of OpenOffice.org includes conversion filters for WordPerfect graphics that aren't in some or all of the other programs I mentioned.