WP comes through again

  • jrethorst
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2010
      I had a project to index a 50,000 word document using a concordance: a list of words that WP would find in the document and build into an index.

      Concordances are easy to make, says this Applescripter: just go from word 1 to word 2 etc. – if word 2 isn't already in the list, add it. Then delete extraneous words and make your index.

      But – Applescript won't do that if you give it more than 32k of text!

      I remembered Applescipt's 32k limit from 1995. Woulda thought they'd fixed it by now. But no.

      So I remembered that George Maschke had written a Word List WP macro that would make a concordance. Downloaded it from the Files section here and ran it. Worked very well.

      So Apple's OS of 2010 still can't do things our program can. Thanks George.