[ANN] SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.2.5

  • jrethorst
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2010
      This update is just a polish of the OS9 desktop/environment. Useful selection of Apple Menu and Script Menu items etc. Suggestions for further desktop/environment improvements are welcome.

      Issues with this release: crashes SheepShaver the first time you print. Then works fine. Not all the WP help files are on the Help menu until you go to Edit > Prefs > Folders and designate the Help folder.

      For Intel machines with Tiger or later. Free, in the Links section here, in the SheepShaver and Basilisk folder.

      John R.
    • ted_m_p_lee
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2010
        What's the latest one that works on PPC machines? Could we take this one and substitute the proper version of Sheepshaver?

        Ted Lee
        Minnetonka, MN

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, jrethorst <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > This update is just a polish of the OS9 desktop/environment. Useful selection of Apple Menu and Script Menu items etc. Suggestions for further desktop/environment improvements are welcome.
        >
        > Issues with this release: crashes SheepShaver the first time you print. Then works fine. Not all the WP help files are on the Help menu until you go to Edit > Prefs > Folders and designate the Help folder.
        >
        > For Intel machines with Tiger or later. Free, in the Links section here, in the SheepShaver and Basilisk folder.
        >
        > John R.

      • jrethorst
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 10, 2010

          > What's the latest one that works on PPC machines?

          This install has the latest build of SS, of 25 October 2009. It's a universal binary but I found it didn't work very well on PPC with Tiger (works fine on Intel of course). I don't know what earlier version to suggest, or this build may work fine with OS 10.5 and 10.6. You could also try Ed Mendelson's WPMacPPC Installer, for Leopard and later.

          > Could we take this one and substitute the proper version of Sheepshaver?

          Sure. SheepShaver versions are interchangeable with this installer. I don't know where to find earlier versions of SS, but there may be links on emaculation.com.

          John R.