Letterhead Macro help

  • R.C
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2010
      We are using Wordperfect 3.5 on Power PC, G4s running Classic.

      we use a macro for our letterhead which I need to update. With our current letterhead the e-mail address for the attorney your working for is picked from a dialog box when the macro is run. The names of every attorney in the firm are listed on left margin of the macro.

      Now we want to have only the individual attorneys name on the left margin who the letter is being done for, so if possible, we would like to have a macro that would prompt the user to pick the name of the attorney and then another dialog prompting you to pick their e-mail address. I don't know if this can be done or how difficult it is.

      I would assume you would need multiple prompts as outlined above, but, would be interested to know if it is possible to set it up w/ a single prompt w/ some form of "if" this type of analysis.

      Thanks for any guidance.
    • wordperfectmac-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 27, 2010
        Can you email me the macro you use now? This sounds like an easy change.

        John R.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "R.C" <rcasey@...> wrote:

        > We are using Wordperfect 3.5 on Power PC, G4s running Classic.
        >
        > we use a macro for our letterhead which I need to update. With our current letterhead the e-mail address for the attorney your working for is picked from a dialog box when the macro is run. The names of every attorney in the firm are listed on left margin of the macro.
        >
        > Now we want to have only the individual attorneys name on the left margin who the letter is being done for, so if possible, we would like to have a macro that would prompt the user to pick the name of the attorney and then another dialog prompting you to pick their e-mail address. I don't know if this can be done or how difficult it is.
        >
        > I would assume you would need multiple prompts as outlined above, but, would be interested to know if it is possible to set it up w/ a single prompt w/ some form of "if" this type of analysis.
        >
        > Thanks for any guidance.

      • jrethorst
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2010
          > can't thank you enough. works great.

          Glad to help. Anyone else, if you've already tried and can't get that macro working, or if you have an idea for a macro that this group could use, let us know.