Re: Slightly off topic - Need to add programs to SheepShaver

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 15 9:20 AM
      Since I basically stole your original setup, you're certainly free to steal it back. You'll need to replace the ROM in addition to the disk image, I think.

      I seem to remember that it's possible to rework the script for Tiger, but only by sacrificing some of the automation that I didn't want to give up Unfortunately, it's been so long that I forget exactly which parts!

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 15 7:26 PM
        Since you have the SheepShaver-WP setup (based on the information you sent in a private message), the answer to your question is the procedure in Message #6419 in this forum.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "attyjpf" <attyjpf@...> wrote:

        > Hello~
        > I just got a new MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard and installed the "all in one" Sheepshaver with WP. It seems to work fine except for one thing. I have a TON of old WriteNow files on my computer and I cannot move WriteNow to the SheepShaver disk. I have tried to add it to both the Unix disk and the "general" one. I have also tried to drag and drop on the SheepShaver icon, which of course, does not work.
        >
        > Besides WriteNow, the other legacy program that I desperately want to continue using is Timeslips. I cannot add that to the SheepShaver disk, either.
        >
        > I assumed there is something simple that I am missing. Drag and drop appears not to be the way to accomplish what I need. Thanks for any suggestions!
        >
        > James
        > attyjpf@...

      • John Kaufmann
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 15 8:14 PM
          In a message dated 2010.08.15 22:26 -0500, em315 wrote:

          > ... the answer to your question is the procedure in Message #6419 in this forum.

          Quick question: Is the message # retrievable from mail headers [I could
          not find it], or must one go to the web interface?

          [Yes, I know one must go to the web interface to retrieve a past message
          anyway. The question is whether any post received from the mailing list
          can be identified by number for later reference.]

          Thanks,
          John K.